Another simple, healthy snack that you’re guaranteed to love – a great alternative to potato chips (although they’re really good, too!)
- Tear the kale leaves into approx. 2″ bite size pieces (discard any thick stems)
- Wash and dry the pieces thoroughly (a salad spinner is best for this)
- Toss the dried leaves with the ¼ cup olive oil and ¾ tsp of kosher salt, coating all pieces well
- Place them on a baking sheet and bake in a 350˚ oven for about 10-13 minutes ’til crumbly and crisp
- Let cool and serve…
If you like, when you remove them from the oven, you can also sprinkle the crispy kale chips with some lime zest, cayenne, lemon pepper, Parmesan, chile powder, garlic powder or just about any other flavor or mix of spices, to add a personal touch.
These are addictive…healthy, crunchy and deliciously addictive…and very easy to make. All you do is:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Drain one 15 oz can of garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- Rinse with water and dry thoroughly with paper towels
- Toss the dried garbanzos with 1½ Tbsps of olive oil
- Roast on a sheet pan for 25-35 minutes until the beans are golden brown and crunchy (start checking at 20 minutes)
- Sprinkle with salt and whatever spices you like (try a little cayenne, garlic powder and onion powder…Spicy!)
- Let cool and serve…Simply delicious!